In Canada, injuries are the leading cause of death and a major cause of disabilities for children and youth. We want to better understand how injuries affect children and their families. The kinds of things we are interested in learning are
- how injuries impact children’s health
- what might influence how children recover from injury
- how families deal with having an injured child
- what changes there are in children’s quality of life in the year after the injury
- how much injuries cost families and the health care system
The results of this study can be used to help families and children who experience injuries in the future.